Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pot Luck Christmas Party ;))


There was a pot luck style Christmas Party at my department this afternoon. We had it as lunch. It was really nice. I am so glad that I belong to the programme of Food Science and Technology, the only department in NUS that is well eqquiped with baking ovens, microwaves, kitchen, fridges, electrical stoves, food processors, digital weighing balances, ice-cream makers and any other kitchen appliances that you can think of. Hence, having such party is really simple to us =))

What's the menu today? Check out the snaps.

Assorted nyonya kuih from Tiong Bahru wet market (from me)



I love the first column. Very very delicous and rich in santan flavor. The first item on the second column was my favourite too. Glutinous rice roll filled with spicy shrimp paste sambal. The item on the last row was actually Malay kuih.

The famous Tiong Bahru char ciew pau (from me also)

These really tasted amazing. Soft pau skin and tender meat filling. Love it because the meat color was natural, not those typical bright red char siew.

'Cui kuih' from Tiong Bahru (from me again)


This guy cannot be found in Malaysia. It is a speciality of Singapore. I am not too sure what is the main ingredient of the kuih. I guess it must be from rice flour. But, the topping tasted excellent. It is mainly 'cai pu' with dried shrimp. Very very tasty when eaten together with the silky kuih.

Assorted muffins (by Dr Peter Ong and Yuting)


The mango muffins on the first column were quite nice, love the custard filling in it. Yuting made the chocolate muffins (last column). Not bad since it was her first baking experience!

Chocolate Fondue (by Huey Lee)

Oh my God. This was definitely the lead actress of the party. Everybody attacked it right from the begining. Freshly cut fruits dipped into the super rich, warm molten chocolate sauce.

Pasta salad (by Grace Tan)

It was my first time tasting such fresh and non oily salad. Grace used Italian dressing from Thousand Island and combined it with some herbs mixture. Like it very much.

Japanese Tofu Cold Dish (By Yiyun)


A very refreshing dish. The dried (cuttlefish?) topping went so well with the silken tofu. Yummy.

Mushroom cheese reuban and assorted garlic bread (by Xiao Hui)

It was my first time eating a reuban. Xiao Hui learnt it from a TV show for only 5 mins. But, she cooked like a master already. This dish was the lead actor and gotten wiped up in no time. Wahahaha....

Gifts counter


In conjunction with the party, we had gift exchange too. Rule: Food item cost between SGD 4 to 6.

Gift that I got


Dutch cookies =))

2 comments:

Natika said...

so sweet ^^-

Leewah Koh said...

Thanks, it was very sweet indeed =))